Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Jianada rocks the House

The Canadian Invasion was a beach party with two stages, one hip-hop and one House. It was at Sun Yat-Sen University in Kaohsiung, on the beach. I had never been to this area before, and getting there we saw a very cool waterfront district. The Uni itself is magnificent, perched on a cliff overlooking the sea, but I only saw part of it at night, it must be great during the day.

Just to mess with the Canucks I wore this shirt. If you don't know me, you don't know if I am a semi-proud, semi-self mocking Canadian, or an American making fun. There are a lot of Canadians down south where I am. They are by far the largest contingent of "Westerners".
All the Americans seem to be in Taipei. Anyways so it was a good disguise. Many asked which province I hailed from. This girl I talked to said it was strange to see the shirt because no Canadian would be "proud" enough to wear it. (I though it was making fun!). Only an American would do something so silly as wear a shirt with his national flag on it (to Canadians). Lots of people wanted to take my picture. All in all it was a good time. The beer tent was selling beer (corona) for $5US but we found Taiwanese vendors selling Heineken for $2, and they also gave us free water. I should have got a jedi light saber, they had both blue and red, but I got a free glow stick so that was good enough for me. But the light saber would have been fun later for play fighting my roomate. Good times. The DJ rocked it. I am still supposed to get the CD of the show from the guy who sold me the ticket, but I haven't met him yet.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger tom said...

Once a Canadian told me that their flag just looks like a maple leaf, but actually the white part is the background, and it's two people arguing with each other facing in toward the center. After that I was never able to look at the flag the same way again. And, when I brought it up to other Canadians, they got mad. I don't blame them, I guess. I love Canada. But if I were Canadian, tucked up close to the US as they are, I'd be a little sensitive too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home