Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Taiwanese Friendliness

Taiwanese are very friendly. At least to me anyway, because they like white Americans. So far my students have given me teas, coffees, a small stuffed bear, a small seashell (heart shaped) box,
and so on. You can get small repairs and things done for free at shops. I bought a small tea for a quarter from a small stand and the lady gave me a free tea bag (from Alishan, arguably one of the best tea-producing areas in the world). Everytime anyone goes to get gas you get a free box of tissues or a bottle of water. Since these things are practical and you will use them anyways, and they cost about 10NT and gas for my scooter is about 100NT this is like getting 10% off gas everytime. Most places I have been to or called asking for something, if the person doesn't speak English they will call or go get somebody who does. My school has really gone out of their way to meet my "crazy" American demands (to them, to me normal) and have done everything possible to make me happy and feel comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home